[mythtv] regular full CPU load by mysqld if mythbackend is running

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Oct 19 10:56:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:36:00AM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> since I use a SVN version with the EIT crawler, the mysqld uses 100%
> CPU from time to time, for ca. 30 seconds. My feeling is also that the
> system becomes somewhat slow during this time, which is annoying.
>
> This is an Athlon XP 2500+ and I think that an application like
> mythbackend should not cause such a load for a longer period under
> normal conditions. What could be the reason for this? I wonder this
> indicates that my mythconverg DB is somewhat broken, but everything
> else in MythTV is working.

Which specific svn version are you using? 7385 contain changes
to make sure that only 20 events are put into the database each
run through. 7386 reduced the priority of the scanner and sched.
This greatly reduced the load on the DB from what it was previously.

I'll look at what else I can do to reduce the DB load some more.

Stuart