[mythtv] regular full CPU load by mysqld if mythbackend is running

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Oct 19 15:18:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 04:15:04PM +0100, John Pullan wrote:
> How about calling the scheduler when we're about to come out of
> channel crawl mode ? Or is that not feasible ?

My latest thought was to call reschedule on the channel change
during active scan.

Although this would only reduce the frequency at which resched
is called, but wouldn't fix the underlying problem that resched
hammers the DB with lots of queries in quick succession.

May have unwanted side effects on passive scanning too.

Stuart