[mythtv] Subtitle artefacts

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Oct 19 16:54:03 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 12:37 pm, Ian Caulfield wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Dag Nygren wrote:
> >> Are these subtitles on DVB, or teletext/closed captioning on analogue?
> >
> > Sorry, this is DVB "real" subtitles.
>
> No way to change the font - they're transmitted as bitmaps. If you can put
> a sample file with this problem on the web somewhere, I can have a look
> at the artefacts you're seeing.

I fixed some green artifacts in the dvb subtitles a while back, but there may
be other sources.

Basically, it was using non-black colors in places that should be transparent.
When this was right next to a non-transparent pixel, what should have been
transparent could bleed over into the non-transparent pixel due to the
quarter-res color plane.

Isaac