[mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (zooming blend)

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 20 00:52:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 21:23, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Mark Dobossy wrote:
> > If any mythgallery users out there could please give my patch a  whirl,
> > and give some feedback, I'd appreciate it.  It is simply a  modified
> > version of the blend (gl) transition, that zooms/fades out  the previous
> > picture, as the new picture fades in.  The patch file  adds the new
> > transition- it will be in the mythgallery settings, and  is called "zoom
> > blend (gl)".  The patch is attached to ticket #490:
> > http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/490 .  Any feedback would be great!
>
> Not currently up-to-date with mythgallery or myth generally with the
> latest svn versions so can't give feedback but this is the best blend
> ever invented.
>
> If you want to give it it's proper name, I think it is called the "Ken
> Burns Effect"...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Burns#Ken_Burns_Effect
>
> Probably worth editing the wiki to say MythTV will have it by v 0.19 :)
>
> Col.

Slightly OT, but has anyone else noticed the slightly ugly step change in the
background colour with glblend? If your pictures aspect ratio doesn't match
your display (i.e. a 4:3 image on a 16:9 display) as the images cross fade,
the background fades - in my case - from black to a mid-grey. Then it
suddenly snaps back to black. Rather spoils the effect...
--
Steve Boddy