Proposal: PHP Gallery 2.0 integration with mythgallery (was Re: [mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (Going OT PHP Gallery...))

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 21 11:21:59 UTC 2005

Adam Egger wrote:
> Which way do you want to cover? G2->MythG or MythG->G2? It would be
> great to be able to create new galleries with pictures from
> MythGallery. This way should be quite easy as there are several ways
> to create galleries which we could use as basis for Myth.

Well without having thouhght about it much, I was thinking of using the
RSS feed available from G2 and just using that in Myth for a purely
"viewing remote gallery in myth" type system.

If we want to do the Myth->G2 bit, then I guess that would require
speaking the Gallery Remote Protocol, which may be easier anyways..

I've not really looked into the bones of it, just thought it would be a
nice concept.

I'll have a look at the Gallery Remote protocol and see what it actually
is and then see what the best route forward is.

I guess if it's not too complex then this would be a more flexible base
than the RSS route, so I'll try and do it that way if I can.

Like I say, I doubt I'll be able to do this very quickly as there is a
lot going on in my life at the mo!

Take care

Col