Proposal: PHP Gallery 2.0 integration with mythgallery (was Re: [mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (Going OT PHP Gallery...))

David Muench davemuench at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 23:04:50 UTC 2005

On 10/21/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would seem to me to make more sense at this time to first get MythTV
> viewing G2 galleries since most people will probably use the G2 web or java
> interface to setup the galleries since you have to go through the whole
> process of uploading pictures, etc.

I just wanted to add a voice of encouragement - this is a great
feature that I've wanted for a long time. I don't even have
mythgallery installed because all of my pictures are in my G2 gallery.

I would suggest (eventually) taking it even further - strip
mythgallery down to only work as a viewer to Gallery 2, and embed
Gallery 2 into mythweb if people don't already have a standalone
Gallery to work off of. I've never seen the appeal of managing your
photos on a TV, just viewing them. Gallery's already set up for
embedding, seems like it would be a nice setup.

Dave

David Muench - davemuench at gmail.com
Jabber ID: dave at jabber.wasteland.org