[mythtv] XVMC Change Feedback --Revision 7519

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Oct 22 12:35:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 18:40 -0700, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:
>     Author: danielk
>         Date: 2005-10-18 14:42:18 +0000 (Tue, 18 Oct 2005)
> New Revision: 7519
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7519
> Modified:
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp
> This last part has made a huge noticeable improvement in XVMC on my
> slow Celeron 450 with nvidia xvmc.  Now it almost never skips compared
> to quite often before.  Before this change I was debating weather not
> using XVMC was giving better performance than using it.
Yeah, I just tried this for HDTV on my slow machine last night, and it
made a real difference there. The OSD was a little wacky as expected,
but I didn't get any of those annoying playback skips.

>   I think if there was any way to free up that last surface, those of
> us on slow machines with xvmc would be golden.  (Chroma Key OSd
> anyone) Just thought I would give some feedback on what I noticed with
> this change.
This is in my plan for 0.20.
This upcoming MythTV 0.19 will be the backend cleanup version,
while it looks like MythTV 0.20 will be the frontend cleanup version:
MythUI drawing, XvMC improvements, setup improvements, etc.

-- Daniel