[mythtv] NTP config

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 23 00:53:45 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Of course, with only 5 channels, you could easily get 3 x PVR-150's (or
> even 4 or 5) and use hard start-early/end-late settings, which would be
> guaranteed to work--as opposed to soft padding, which may or may not
> work depending on other schedules...  ;)

   You'd need 2x as many as you'd think you'd need at any given time
to account for consecutive programs on the same channel. The biggest
problem for me with the hard time is when I put 25 minutes late for
one program which then pushes the following program onto another tuner
(bearing in mind that said program could be punted to any given
timeslot the network feels like so to not let it run overtime simply
because the program behind it will doesn't work).