[mythtv] Fwd: [linux-dvb] USB DVB-T tuners and MythTV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Oct 23 16:50:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 17:19 +0100, jd wrote:
> > I'd consider that a bug too, but I don't consider it a MythTV bug.
> > I'm willing to put in any minor hack that would make things work,
> > but fixing the driver is much more preferable.

> > So we need both PES_OTHER and OUT_TS_TAP support.
> which doesn't look likely at least with the dec and firmware 2.18 :(
:(

> I played with subclassing dvbsignalmonitor and dtvsignalmonitor - but the
> former needed too many changes to the private parts of the class, the
> latter needed too many changes across the rest of the library.
What kind of changes?

I'm not adverse to having a dvbsignalmonitor subclass that uses
something other than OUT_TS_TAP to get the tables. Or passing an
option to the dvbsignalmonitor constructor that makes it use
something else.

> This seems to supports the channel scanning at least as far as
> SIParser::CheckTrackers() 'Table[0] complete() == true'  I was going to
> investigate // TODO: Emit completion here for tables to siscan
> but saw the comments about siparser being retired - will this be 'soon'?
No, too many people have problems with scanning sans siparser.
It shaves about 2 to 10 seconds per transport off the scan time
to do without siparser. But it won't disappear before we've
cleaned up siparser in the next version of MythTV, and hopefully
integrated whatever makes it work better into the dvbsignalmonitor.

-- Daniel