[mythtv] Re: Showing Recording Changes

Hal Burch hburch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:46:53 EDT 2005

Re: Kevin's question (sorry, digest reader)

Dave and JAC are essentially correct.  To avoid the slow-down that
real-time display would cause and to make it useful during making the
schedule change decisions, imagine a selection in the Schedule
Recording interface that says "See changes to recording schedule".  It
pulls up a list of all programs whose state will change if I save the
current settings (per the interface described below).  Done on demand,
so no slow down concern (although it might take some time to see the
results), but you can still see it before it's done and no need to
change the current "upcoming recording" interface (remember state,
added complexity there, etc.).

That idea is to be able to tell if, say, your changes are going to
cause three episodes of your kid's favorite show to be not recorded
before it actually happens (and without checking "upcoming recordings"
after each save and having to remember the old state).

 - Hal