[mythtv] How to watch old recordings after upgrading to svn?

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:46:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've upgraded from 0.18 fixes branch to svn revision 7626, programs I've
recorded tonight are playing fine but all old recordings are a bit messed
up.

Using mythfrontend no 0.18 recorded programs will play and none of them show
previews in the watch recordings screen, where as all the svn recordings are
working fine. Using mythweb if I go to the recorded programs page it takes
about 5mins to show the page and when it does "most" of my old recordings
are listed under the date of "Thu Jan 1, 1970" and with no preview image. I
have only 3 out of 29 of the old recordings showing under the correct date
with a preview.

I know recordings for dvb are now stored with the mpg extension and in a
different name format, so do I need to run some form of update script to fix
up my 0.18 recording names and their db entries?

Thanks,
Ash.