[mythtv] DisEqC and dvbchannel-v5.patch

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 8 02:56:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:06 +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > I've been waiting on confirmation from someone with DisEqC before
> > applying this patch. It seems to help OFDM and ATSC users, but it
> > significantly changes how DisEqC works so I'd really like someone
> > to confirm that it actually works...

> Doesn't seem work with DVB-s. Specific problems (which also appear to be
> slightly different, but still present) are:

> Frequency is calculated incorrectly when input from "Full Scan (Tuned)".
> Specifically, looking at the FE_GET_FRONTEND from a hacked femon shows:

> Looking at the code, shouldn't the stuff compensating for the LOF be
> outside the retry loop in handle_diseq? Also, should the code in
> CheckOptions not be removed or special-cased for when handle_diseqc is
> doing it?

Can you try the latest code?

Also, you may be right about CheckOptions(). It should also probably
be located in Tune() not in TuneMultiplex() and SetChannelByString().
And it shouldn't be doing the LOF stuff.

BTW Would anyone use LOF frequency shifting and not use DisEqC?

Maybe I can just rip it out of CheckOptions() altogether?

-- Daniel