[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7209 by danielk

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Thu Sep 8 19:09:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 06:04:39PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> The 5000ms was rather arbitrary anyway. :-)
> I was thinking in terms of how long it might take to move
> a satellite dish.

Can we add some settings to each separate tuner card entry and allow
users to adjust this and various settings that are being guessed/hard
coded?  Also it would be helpful to give suggestions as myth does for
various settings at the bottom of the window.  Timeouts for tuning, what
to do if tuning fails, options such as "give up and fall back" vs "wait
forever until signal is received".  Something like this could be helpful
for people who want to record a show, but the signal is border line.
The tuner can record the parts it does get and fill the rest with "no
signal" screens or cut the missing parts out.

--Brandon