[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7209 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Sep 9 15:23:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 23:07 -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On 9/8/05, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I tell the scan to just scan "atsc channel 26" over and over and
> over, it will eventually get a lock and add the information for KOB to
> the database.
The threshold for a DVB lock is not under MythTV's control, it is set
in the driver. My guess is that this is set a little too high.

> Running the azap program, I have seen it get a lock right away, and I
> have seen it take up to 10 seconds.
Do you know if they look for the FE_LOCK to be set, or do they just wait
for data?

> What "timeout" parameters should I play with to try and get it to
> record something on that channel?
Nothing in MythTV will fix this, unless you use the V4L pcHDTV
drivers and set the threshold low. However you might want to
look at the driver perhaps the FE_LOCK threshold can be set in
the driver.

I'll look at the driver eventually, but the XvMC skipping problem
is the most serious problem in my realm of expertise right now.

-- Daniel