[mythtv] Suggestion for improving SLOW channel changing inLiveTV.....

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:06:06 UTC 2005

>>  	That sounds similar to what I was suggesting.  I don't see why
>> there needs to be an element of time involved though... just keep on
>> displaying realtime data until there's a reason not to.  Hit pause and
>> there's a bit of lag while the display transitions from raw capture to
>> decoded ringbuffer.  From then-on, it's ringbuffer until you change
>> channel.
>
> Lot of extra work + code complexity for extremely minimal gain.
>
> Isaac

 	That's what I've said all along.  If one *really wanted* to do it,
that would be probably the best way.  Is it worth it to save 500ms on a
channel change?  Not for me... I don't surf anymore.

 	I only mention it in case someone has lots of ambition.  Seems (to
me at least) like the best way to go.

-Cory