[mythtv] Upgraded to myth 0.18.1, frontend crashing while watching recordings.

Alex Harford harford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 20:51:32 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded from mythtv 0.16 to 0.18.1 and I'm having problems
with mythfrontend crashing.  I changed to the blue and Titivilius-osd
themes and it seemed to fix the crashing when a recording exits, but I
still get a crash while watching certain recordings.

The frontend crash happens at the same point on certain recordings,
and the backtrace I've included is one of them.

I'm running a Pundit-R with a Celeron 2.4GHz, 512mb ram, PVR-350 for
recording, but transcoding to MPEG4 afterwards.

Software is FC4 with the rpms from ATrpms.net, although to get the
backtrace I installed the src rpms and built them with debugging
enabled.

The backtrace is at http://wasabi.dynu.com:8080/mythfrontend-bt-2005-09-10.1.txt

I'm more than happy to provide any other information.

Thanks,
Alex