[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Mark Weaver mark-clist at npsl.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 01:36:53 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 17:33 +0100, John Pullan wrote:
>
>>I wonder if Daniel could provide us with a  new current list of problems ?
>
> As far as I'm aware it's down to two:
>   Mysterious rec vs livetv problem (Adam Egger)
>     Need "mythbackend -v record,channel,siparser" output from
>     both on same channel with latest SVN.
>   DVB lock threshold (John Poet -- DVB driver issue)
>     Need to know driver + driver/kernel version used.
>
> The first I hoped would be fixed by fixing the less mysterious
> problems, and the second is relatively new.

I still have:

- Tuning to an off air channel (UK, transmitting data only) causes the
frontend to lock up
- Seeking in liveTV is broken
- And a new one, I now get random audio + video glitches when tuning to
a new channel.

Some not terribly serious testing didn't show the using the old PAT
problem, did anything change that might fix this?