[mythtv] Re: TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting recording

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:33:34 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I have been using a version of Myth from 13Aug05 with pretty good
> success.  Decided it was time to update, and try out all your new
> stuff.
>
> A couple of my channels do not want to "lock" with the latest svn:

**** Complete hack alert!!! *****

As a quick an dirty solution to my problems with my NBC station
"locking", I have modified the or51132 driver such that it does not
return from the FE_READ_STATUS ioctl until the signal strength is
greater than 0xb000, or 30 seconds have passed, which ever comes
first.

This has solved my problems with recording shows using the current svn of Myth.

I will probably play around with other (more elegant) solutions, but I
am happy that I can at least record shows on all my channels again.

Daniel, is it possible that I have always had slow locks on my NBC
station, but older versions of Myth just did not care?

Thanks,

John