[mythtv] Mythfrontend OSX and sub-windows key events

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 02:24:49 UTC 2005

Hi,
     I have been working on an enhancement to mythfrontend for mac.
Currently there are options to display video on the desktop, in a
floating resizable window and in the dock.  Unfortunately, currently
when you select these options and disable video in the main window,
the main window is just blank and in the way at its full size.  I
have figured out how to hide this window on playback, however, when I
hide the window, all control is lost over the frontend because all
they keys are bound to the main window which is hidden.

The question:  How / can they keys be bound to these alternate
playback windows or is there some other way to maintain control?
Currently I am hiding the main window in videooutput_quartz.cpp
using HideWindow(data->window);

Other options.  I have also considered (but not tried other options):
     Make the main window really small (1x1 instead of hiding it?)
     Enable the minimize button on the window title bar so that it
can be put in the dock when not in use.

Neither of these options Would be a slick as just hiding / showing
the main window on playback.

Please let me know what you think.  This is currently my most desired
feature in myth, that is why I am trying to implement it.

Geoff