[mythtv] Example of overlay for live TV

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 08:09:47 UTC 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 05:14 pm, Devan Lippman wrote:
> Tried that a little while back but could never get the darn thing to work.

I just tried this program out for the first time two days ago and it took me a
minute or two to figure out the right syntax to make it actually display my
message and not the token, but it worked great when I finally figured it out.
The scroller looks nice...very smooth.  Here's an example of how to use it.
I'm using the G.A.N.T. theme by the way:

mythtvosd --template=scroller --scroll_text="Testing Testing 1 2 3"

Give it a shot, I don't see why that wouldn't work for you as well.

~Lou