[mythtv] ivtv (pvr350) snow on upgrade to recent svn

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 13:44:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have recently updated my mythtv build from a CVS version of early June
this year to the latest svn version (7270). My PVR-350 is now not tuning
properly, all the channels show snow. Looking at the backend log and the
kernel debug for the ivtv driver, everything appears to be happening as
expected. The v4l ioctl is called and the i2c command issued.

Maybe there has been a change in the card initialisation.

What have I missed?

I have looked back through the list archives and cannot see this problem
mentioned.

I have not rerun mythsetup, do I need to do this?

Reverting to the old version, without changing any config, makes the problem
disappear.

Any help gratefully received. So I can get on to looking at the other
problems I have noticed (increased CPU load, slight jerkiness in playback,
hangs when switching DVB channels :-( )

Roger