[mythtv] Segfault when watching tv on remote frontend

Joseph Yu acrata22 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 05:45:49 UTC 2005

As soon as I try to start watching TV (live or
recorded), mythfrontend segfaults.  The preview looks
fine when I'm browsing the recordings.  Also, I can
play the TV recording files as videos.  It works fine
when running mythfrontend from the backend machine.  I
have streamed video through samba and that worked.  I
am not using any deinterlacing or XvMC decoding.

I am running gentoo ~x86.  This includes myth
0.18.1-r2.  -r1 also segfaulted.  The backend is
mostly x86 but myth is ~x86 on the backend.  Knoppmyth
worked but the video was choppy.  This means that I
should be able to make gentoo work, but I don't know
what settings I have wrong that are making it
segfault.

Any idea why this might be happening?