[mythtv] Can't compile tv.cpp

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Sep 24 17:56:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 19:33 +0200, Adam Egger wrote:
> > > It is unfortunate that this is an error and not a warning...
> > Anything that finds 64-bit compatibility issues is a good thing. =)
> Heh, it's a good thing since you're using 64bit ;-)
I guess. But I've yet to see one of these that wasn't a debug string
where the last 32 bits of the pointer wouldn't be just as informative.

> Ok, thanks Daniel, it compiles now.
I'll put this in the next version of the patch.

> By the way, why are there millions of warnings like this:
> /usr/include/qt3/qsqldatabase.h:63: warning: 'class
> QSqlDriverCreatorBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual
> destructor
> /usr/include/qt3/qxml.h:224: warning: 'class QXmlReader' has virtual
> functions but non-virtual destructor

This is probably a new warning in gcc4 that qt3 wasn't written to
account for. It is considered bad form to have virtual functions
with a non-virtual destructor. This is because someone might create
a child class with a destructor. Then if someone deletes a parent
class pointer that actually points to an instance of the child
class only the parent class destructor will be run.

Or to put it simply, this is nothing to worry about.

-- Daniel