[mythtv] MythSocket class

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Wed Apr 5 01:08:48 UTC 2006

Hi

I took a stab at making a MythSocket class that was talked about briefly
last week.  Attached is what I have thus far.

mythsocket.diff - main patch that adds MythSocket into libmyth without
converting anything else.  Its based on QSocketDevice and adds readyRead,
connectionClosed, connected, and connectionFailed callbacks.  It also has
a connectToHost() function like QSocket to background the connect()
process.  I still need to add dns lookup support.

mythsocket_backend.diff - a quick and a little dirty conversion of the
backend to use MythSocket.  I did have to slightly modified how the
backend handles incoming requests.  Normally when readyRead is called the
socket is passed off to a worker thread and returns without reading from
it.  This leaves the socket still in a readable state after the callback
which causes QSocketNotifier/MythSocket to trigger another readyRead.  I
adjusted it so the backend fully processes the request before exiting the
callblack.

appreciate any comments.

jim