[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Wed Apr 5 15:40:30 UTC 2006

Hi David Engel and all,

In Australia the commercial channels (all three of them) run their programs
earlier or later than their scheduled times.

What I'd like to do is:
	If channel in [7,9,10]:
	    if time > 23:00:
	        start-=10
	        end+=20
	    else:
	        start-=5
	        end+=10
	If previousProgram('Rove Live'):
	        end+=20

I could hard code it in C++ or even imbed Python.  But would like it to be
acceptable for SVN inclusion.  Any suggestions on how user can specify such
rules would be appreciated.  Maybe SQL.

Couldn't I also duplicate the ProgramInfo in AddNewRecords and AddNotListed so
that the program is added with higher recpriority and increased start / end
time, as well as the orignal scheduled times.  With the hope that the program
is recorded with the increased times if possible, otherwise normal times.

What a beautiful dream,
Paul