[mythtv] Bug in DVBSignalMonitorTS?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sat Apr 8 13:35:11 UTC 2006

I'm testing at the moment an old Hauppauge Nova-T (Technotrend Budget).
I can confirm reports that tuning occasionally fails (ca. 1 of 8). The
frontend is locked on the correct frequency but the Signalmonitor
doesn't see a PAT.

If I use dvbsnoop while the backend tries to tune I can see the PAT.

Forcing the signalmonitor to use DVBSignalMonitorSR() solves the
problem. Every channel change (of 50) is successful.

I see that the Sectionreader won't work for anything else than DVB.
Is there more to change than the PID filtering? If not I plan to unify
the PID managemnt with DVBSIparser.