[mythtv] Mythtv & Freebox

Mickaël Remars mythtv at remars.com
Tue Apr 11 17:42:37 UTC 2006

Laurent ARNAL wrote:
> 	Hi,
>

> Is someone can have a look to this.
> I didn't have any answer so far.
>

> 	Laurent.
>

> Laurent ARNAL a écrit :
>
>> 	 Hi,
>>
>>  Just post a new version of my path to use freebox as a TV source for
>>  mythtv (ticket #1458). This new version work's well now.
>>  I resolve the issue with channel changing, and so, channel change is now work's ok.
>>
>>  I rewrite many thing in the patch, and do a general cleanup, removing
>>  debug log from the source.
>>
>>  Can you please give me any feedback on this work, as I don't have any
>>  return on this so far. I will be please to update this patch in the
>>  future, but It will be more easy for me if the base patch is include in
>>  current SVN version.
>>
>>       Laurent

Hi,

I compiled it yesterday but didn't have enough time to make it work.
Maybe this evening...

IMHO, downloading the urls list from /freeboxtv/playlist.m3u is too
restrictive. Allowing to add any rtsp stream (or any other type of
streams supported by livemedia) may make this patch really usefull for
anybody (not only for free.fr customers who use mythtv). It may also
help to integrate external applications (like vlc or other stream
servers) as "tuners" in myth.

Mickaël