[mythtv] Memory requirements of current f/e

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Thu Apr 13 09:56:52 UTC 2006

> Not going to pretend I really know what's going on here, but I think the
> correct response is: nice :)

I'll also not pretend I really know what is going on, but I too noticed an
increase in memory usage in the frontend, even without doing *anything*
with recordings. After I upgraded to a recent SVN, I wanted to to have a
look through all setup menus to see if there were changes.

On my 256MB Epia there where a few menus (I'm not exactly sure which ones,
not at home right now) that used up practically all memory before the setup
GUI in the leaf nodes where shown, and some killed the frontend.

Would EIT and/or OSD code be activated in the the setup pages?

	Herman