[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Thu Apr 13 22:49:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 06:24 am, David Engel wrote:
> Thanks.  I created a branch called softpad for these changes to go
> into.  People who want this feature should help test it out.

Are we at this stage already?  Cool.

> > My biggest decision was the comp_priority function.  I wanted the SoftEnd
> > to be higher then the SoftStart, which your suggestion wouldn't do (see
> > commented lines).
> I took a simpler (I think) approach for now.  We'll see if it works out.

I think your right.  It'll try all programs with soft ends first, sorted by
record start times.  Should this be mentioned in the setHelpText?

> Don't apply soft padding at the start or end if corresponding hard
> padding has already been added.  Hard padding is limited to a
> resolution of 1 minute so they can't currently be mixed.

I can't see why you can't mix soft and hard padding.  If you take out your
test, it should just work.

> Pass softend to the recorder when a recording starts.  This is needed
> so the recorder can pass it back to the scheduler if the master
> backend gets restarted.

I didn't know how that worked.

Paul