[mythtv] Patch proposal for better logging of ivtv select timeouts

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Apr 15 06:53:22 UTC 2006

    > Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:52:33 -0400
    > From: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>

    > Nope, but if you change the cerr redirects and printfs to the proper
    > verbose macros that would be appreciated and accepted. Assign the ticket
    > to 'danielk' for the quickest response.

Some questions:

    >     cerr << "Audiorate(L1): " << value << " is invalid\n";
    > becomes
    >     VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC_ERR +
    >             QString("Audiorate(L1 %1) is invalid").arg(value);

Did you mean LOC here and not LOC_ERR?  Or perhaps both your examples
are true errors but elsewhere in that file are some non-errors that
will want to use LOC?  (This may become obvious when I look through
the rest of the logging there.)

    >     printf("select timeout - ivtv driver has stopped responding\n");
    > becomes
    >     VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC_ERR + "select timeout -- "
    >             "ivtv driver has stopped responding" + ENO);

    > where LOC and LOC_ERR are:
    > #define LOC QString("IVTVRec(%1): ").arg(videodevice)
    > #define LOC QString("IVTVRec(%1) Error: ").arg(videodevice)

I presume you meant the latter macro to be

#define LOC_ERR QString("IVTVRec(%1) Error: ").arg(videodevice)