[mythtv] Preview of my MusicPatch for Mythweb/Mythmusic....

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Apr 15 21:37:36 UTC 2006

Hi

> I would like to see much of what you wrote (assuming it looks like
> mp3act) integrated into mythweb, but would like to have it be a solution
> that doesn't leave a portion of the users angry at me for requiring
> javascript.

Whilst I guess I am not mad about limiting users choices, on the other
hand are there really any significant numbers of people who dont have a
javascript browser?

Writing stuff for the web is hard enough without chucking out some nice
tools...

Is it not possible to make this new stuff degrade gracefully when there
is no javascript?  What are the usage scenarios here anyway? (Why would
I be using Links to run my music player? Links2/elinks both support some
javascript.  Presumably my palm pilot browser would support javascript
as well?)

Just curious...

Ed W