[mythtv] MythSocket class

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 01:09:23 UTC 2006

On 4/19/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 6:50 pm, John P Poet wrote:
> > >
> > > Had just a very short look at the patch. The deadlock occured in the
> > > read/writestringlist functions and only if some other backend activity
> > > (probably the scheduler) happens together with the http-server. So
> > > changing the other part using QSocket is enough fix it.

> > > I will have time tomorrow to look into it.
> >
> > Is this still pending?  I looked over the commits, but did not see it.
>
> I haven't had time to commit it.

No problem.  I was just wondering if the "slave backend" issue had
been resolved.  I never saw a patch go by that addressed Janne
concerns.

I would be willing to test a patch, but I have a slave backend and
would not want to try something which has already been reported to
cause a problem.

> Been busy recovering from a nasty partition
> corruption issue.  Finally have a (newly installed) working linux system
> again.

Ouch!

I upgraded one of my backends to dual boot Fedora Core 4 and 5.
Fedora Core 5 *seems* a little faster.  I don't know if it has
anything to do with gcc 4.1 vs 4.0.  It may also just be my
imagination.

John