[mythtv] via_XvMC non-fading OSD

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:35:30 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Ng Theng Kiat <htpc at treblid.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 April 2006 11:35, Robin Gilks wrote:
> >
> >> Tried this a while ago and although it changes the behavior for the
> case
> >> of fadeaway > >> looks like the final fade transition never gets executed (off by one
> type
> >> of error).
> >>

> > I don't use via XVMC so I can't easily debug this one. I just referred
> Paul to
> > that patch as he didn't seem to believe that he was seeing the same
> > 'watermark' problem. Chances are it is the same one though :)

I'll try the patch and see if that resolves the issue.

Tried the patch, doesn't work for me also (I'm using Nvidia's XvMC)....

I am also using Nvidia's XvMC

Instead of hitting 'i' multiple times, you can hit the backspace key
> which will clear the OSD....

I don't currently have this key mapped (I have always had the Esc key
mapped, but it doesn't help with this problem, because once mythtv thinks it
has cleared the OSD, the Esc key exits the recording playback).  I will look
to see if I can map the backspace key somewhere on my remote.  Thanks for
the tip!

phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I
understand.  --  Confucius