[mythtv] Philips MythTV presentation at CELinux[MESSAGENOTSCANNED][MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Matt Jarvis matt.jarvis at imagesound.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 14:30:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 15:19 +0100, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 13:58, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > On 4/21/06, Matt Jarvis <matt.jarvis at imagesound.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Don't know if you guys have seen this, but Philips gave a presentation
> > > on running MythTV on their hardware at the CELinux conference this
> > > month. There is a video of the presentation at
> > >  http://free-electrons.com/community/videos/conferences/
> > >
> > > Sound quality is pretty poor, but it's interesting to note one of the
> > > biggest electronics manufacturers in the world taking a big interest in
> > > Myth.
> >
> > Enough that they would be willing to donate some hardware to Isaac, Daniel,
> > etc?
>
> Yeah, and this is the crew that have just been issed a patent on a "method"
> for preventing skipping adverts in broadcast material, that can even stop you
> changing channels when the adverts start!
>
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1847
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1889
>
> and another hint about this company:
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1874
>
> New feature for MythTV. If the word Philips is encountered /anywhere/ on the
> system it does "rm -rf /"

Hmm, given that the Philips SAA7146 chip is in almost all Hauppauge
DVB-S and DVB-T cards, you may well end up with a lot of very unhappy
MythTV users ;)

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and the
Contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Imagesound PLC unless otherwise specifically stated.

As internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for any change made to this message after it was sent by the original sender. We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.