[mythtv] syncronizing 2 master backends

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 23 14:24:08 UTC 2006

Stephen Boddy wrote:
> Not everyone owns their own house, meaning we're not allowed to go drilling
> through walls or floors and running cable. I rent, so I have the imperfect
> solution of a bright blue ethernet cable running down my flats hallway. I
> could try and use wireless, but I've heard too many conflicting stories as to
> whether it is possible or not.

Usually you can find a route for most cables without leaving any
significant damage (tho' obviously depends on circumstances). Depends
how daring you are when renting. I've run cables in a few rented places
under floor boards and behind skirtings etc. Depends if you are willing
to take the risk of breaking things or have the skills to patch things
up again I guess.

Not tried if for ages but how about powerline networking? Don't know
much about it but I've heard it can do up to 85Mbps now. Not sure if
this is with the same pinch of salt as 108Mbps wireless tho' ;)

Col

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |