[mythtv] syncronizing 2 master backends

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Apr 23 15:02:11 UTC 2006

Kyle Schlansker wrote:
> This may for mythtv-users, if so, please feel free to flame me ;)
>
> I have one backend in my bedroom with a single firewire connection.  I
> have a slave backend in my living room with a firewire and a PVR-350
> connection and the frontend is an xbox.  The problem is, that the
> living room connection is wireless, and is too slow when watching
> recordings (which are stored on a NAS device which is wired to my
> wirless router).
>
> I would like to simply setup a separate "master" backend in the living
> room so that it records and plays via the wired xbox connection.
> However, I'd like to synchronize the two "master" backends.  This
> could be done by copying files at off-peak ours and updating the
> databases accordingly.
>
> Has anyone tried this?

I think it is a simple matter of moving the file from the master backend
to the slave (you can't have two masters) and then changing the hostname
field in the recorded entry for that recording.  That should direct Myth
to the slave backend when you ask for the file.  Try it once manually
and I think you'll find it works.

Kevin