[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Fri Apr 28 20:27:29 UTC 2006

Dave Just wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2006, at 22:52, David Engel wrote:
>> Look at your logs?
>>

> I did.  There's nothing untoward.  Log messages stop appearing, but
> the backend does not go away.  No definite pattern in what is
> happening beforehand.  It needs some work with gdb.  I'll give it a
> go in the next days unless someone else does.

Nothing in logs here either. Luckily, I haven't seen this problem after
the first time. But it definitely occurred..

I have to share a bit of real life comedy / tragedy: I had just bragged
a bit to my girlfriend that we are in no hurry to get home from shopping
to see her Everwood, since Myth is recording it. I specifically
mentioned that after some initial problems, it has been working lately
very well and recorded everything during last weeks and months.

And then.. I checked MythWeb, just to be sure, through my mobile phone
and realized that Everwood was NOT being recorded although the show was
already going. I furiously re-enabled the recording many times,
increased priority etc. but nothing helped (through my phone, while in
grocery store) :)

At home I discovered what had happened. For some strange reason the
episode was one that had already been sent couple of months ago so this
did not cause any damage, to me or to my girlfriend ;)
--
   Otto