[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Fri Apr 28 20:48:33 UTC 2006

Otto Kolsi wrote:
> Dave Just wrote:
>> Has anyone else noticed their backend stopping recording scheduled
>> programs after running for a while?  Also failing to respond to
>> changes in the schedule, so e.g. setting a program to record does not
>> highlight it in the guide or enter into the list of scheduled
>> programs seen by the frontend.  Restarting mythbackend resumes normal
>> behaviour, starting recording properly and displaying schedule
>> changes.  Anyone any ideas?
>>
>> I'm seeing this in svn 9799, but this has been happening in head
>> versions for about two weeks.
>
> I just today had exactly same problems for the first time, with SVN 9797.

I'm running SVN 9775 with two DVB-T cards, using EIT data for scheduling.

In the "Upcoming Recordings" screen a program (Dr Who, on BBC Three) is
highlighted in green, and started 10 minutes ago.  There are no
conflicting recordings.  It is not listed in "Watch Recordings".
Entering the recording schedule and pressing Reactivate does nothing.
The only cure I've found so far is to kill and restart the backend.

I attach a log of this evenings hiccup it was run with "-v
recording,schedule,general,important", although I have just read the "-v
help" and realised that the important option will remove the useful
stuff.... ho hum... I'll run again without this and post again.

--
Graeme Hilton