[mythtv] Simulate TV-card ?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:27:19 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06, Erland Isaksson <erland_i at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way to simulate analogue and digital(DVB) cards during
> development with MythTV so I am able to do some basic testing on a
> separate computer without disturbing my real MythTV server ?
>
> Regards
> Erland Isaksson

In recent SVN there is an option I was recently looking at called
crciprec, which from what I read seems to be a 'simulated' recording
device that allows you to have a dummy capture device (the IP
Recorder) that captures over IP, and the example is used where VLC
streams the video data to the backend from another PC.

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com