[mythtv] MPEG2->MPEG2 Transcode Errored (0.19 fixes)

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Aug 9 05:14:07 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> But why did it run through when started stand-alone? The result looks
> OK. The original is 2.1 GB and the transcoded (without commercials) is
> 963 MB.
I just realized that you are using a cutlist.  The log you posted
makes much more sense now.  Doesn't explain the crash at all of
course.

> And the error when running from mythbackend and the success when running
> stand-alone is both reproducable with the recording.
Just guessing at this point.

> > dd if=/work2/video/recordings//3649_20060801220000.mpg
> > of=/work2/small.mpg bs=1000000 skip=1970 count=25
> >
> > then run mythtranscode on that with full logs.  It probably won't
> > crash, but if you see that the AUD/VID messages start at the
> > beginning, then stop halfway through, that is good enough.  In which
> > case, I'll want that that test-stream.  If in doubt, just send me the
> > logs, and I'll tell you whether it is sufficient or not.
>
> http://www.boerkel.de/mythtranscode.log.gz

This didn't work (not surprising as I'm still barking up the wrong
tree).  I think the next step is to do as Chris said and find out
exactly what command is being used to run mythtranscode from
mythbackend, and try to reproduce that.

.Geoff