[mythtv] LIRC Keypress Application timeliness

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Aug 10 02:09:15 UTC 2006

Greetings

Has anyone used a keypress application on a slow machine? I'm finding that
its useless as the external command is not called until the keypress has
been processed - for example making a keypress confirmation beep, the beep
happens AFTER the 3 second delay getting from the top level menu to the
Music menu.

I've tried changing the order of the SpawnApp() call in
/libs/libmyth/lirc.cpp but I get the same result - is it a threading
priority issue?

--
Robin Gilks