[mythtv] mythtv commit: r10918 - in trunk/mythtv/programs by gigem

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 14:52:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:09:50AM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Why is it that daily housekeeping is not done by the housekeeper
> in the backend, but rather by mythfilldatabase, whose purpose
> you would think is to fill the database with program data?

Mainly because I don't think any general purpose housekeeping existed
in the backend when Bruce Markey and myself first needed to add things
and mfdb was a reasonable place.  Any housekeeping that might have
existed at the time was probably specific to Chris Pinkham's stuff.

When I ran this change by Chris several weeks ago, he expressed the
desire to reconcile the various housekeeping tasks into a single
place.  That hasn't happened yet.  When it does, I'd also like to see
the housekeeping coordinate with the scheduler to optionally pick
quiescent to run.

David
--
David Engel