[mythtv] Occasional LiveTV freezes

Jack Radigan jprad at patmedia.net
Wed Aug 23 11:57:51 UTC 2006

Lukas,

If the DB was the culprit then shouldn't be happening across all 3 of my
remote frontends in pretty much the same manner?

Two of them rarely have problems, an occasional hiccup at the beginning and
similarly while viewing.

But one of them has constant problems, especially if I'm using NFS for
access to the mythtv video directory.

When I unmount the NFS share the problem is minimized, but it doesn't go
away completely.

Again, none of this was ever a problem until after I upgraded to the svn
head.  I've been running 0.18 and 0.19 without any of this happening for
well over a year now with the same hardware.

-jack-