[mythtv] Occasional LiveTV freezes

Jack Radigan jprad at patmedia.net
Thu Aug 24 00:27:40 UTC 2006

Daniel,

This is related to the regression testing for new database schema releases.
In the process of rewinding to the 0.19 fixes release I noticed that an
uplevel frontend will attempt to update the DB schema when it starts up.

Not sure this is intended, but shouldn't that capability be limited to the
master backend?

I'm thinking that if I had a visitor over to my house and they were running
a newer version of myth on their laptop then me I could be left with a
fairly borked setup.

On a related note, my NFS settings are correct according to the published
how-to.

My NFS server has an exports entry of:

	/storage/mythtv *.home.dom(rw,no_root_squash,async,insecure)

And the remote frontend is mounting it with:

	mythbe.home.dom:/storage/mythtv /mythtv nfs
auto,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,actimeo=0,rw 0 0

-jack-