[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Watch Recordings is slow with SVN on my Epia

Daan de Beer mythdev at tiscali.nl
Thu Aug 24 12:04:19 UTC 2006

I seem to have an identical problem, but with my Epia 1Ghz Nehemiah cpu. It
performed well for a very long time, but since 3 months or so, I see
identical problems.

I do not use the OpenGL painter, or the preview thumbnails or the
live-previews on this frontend. Thumbnails are generated correctly by MythWeb
though.

When I skip through the "Watch Recordings" it takes several seconds, the X
process takes 100%CPU usage during that time. I tried several things with the
fonts, but no difference. I tried DPI(100x100) and (80x100), but that also
makes no difference. Also different themes did not speed up anything.

Using the different verbose levels on the frontend did not show anything
usefull.

I tried profiling MythFrontend with OProfile, but it only showed some QMap
actions that did not take much CPU.

What can I do to further debug this problem?

Regards,

Daan