[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Watch Recordings is slow with SVN on my Epia

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 24 13:04:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:04 +0200, Daan de Beer wrote:
> I seem to have an identical problem, but with my Epia 1Ghz Nehemiah cpu. It
> performed well for a very long time, but since 3 months or so, I see
> identical problems.
>
> I do not use the OpenGL painter, or the preview thumbnails or the
> live-previews on this frontend. Thumbnails are generated correctly by MythWeb
> though.
>
> When I skip through the "Watch Recordings" it takes several seconds, the X
> process takes 100%CPU usage during that time. I tried several things with the
> fonts, but no difference. I tried DPI(100x100) and (80x100), but that also
> makes no difference. Also different themes did not speed up anything.
>
> Using the different verbose levels on the frontend did not show anything
> usefull.
>
> I tried profiling MythFrontend with OProfile, but it only showed some QMap
> actions that did not take much CPU.
>
> What can I do to further debug this problem?

If Xorg is taking up a lot of CPU, maybe you should
profile Xorg?

Then you can track down the calls we are making to X that
are using a lot of CPU, we might be able to do the same
thing differently. Or the OpenChrome driver could perhaps
optimize that operation. Until we know what is eating up
the CPU we can't fix it...

-- Daniel