[mythtv] UK Freeview "Playback"

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Aug 24 16:14:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 04:37:32PM +0100, Martin Long wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get their hands on the technical change
> specifications for Freeview "Playback"? I know that to support some of the
> changes there are plans to introduce some new metadata into the EPG and
> possibly some MHEG stuff too. This will include such features as:

Not at the moment. I'd bet it's closed at the moment and only
available to the dtg members.

>  - 'Series link' linking episodes in the same series - like season pass on
> TiVo or series link on Sky+
>  - Trailer link - 'hyperlinks' during show trailers, allowing automatic
> insertion of the show into the schedule.

Most of this they will have to signal with some form of EIT data.
As soon as we can catch this in the wild it'll be coded up.

> I can see that some of these ideas would require enhancement of, at least:
>
> EIT
> Guide metadata tables
> recording options

A lot of the things they are proposing we already have support
for and the RT grabber populates the internal tables for us.
It's just the EIT data currently isn't up to scratch. Luckily
it seems to be improving.

> If anyone has seen the details from Freeview/DTG, I would be interesting
> in looking into this.

so would I.

Stuart