[mythtv] Mythweb status screen fix

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 26 03:27:43 UTC 2006

On 08/25/06 20:53, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>On Aug 25, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>>I can't believe no-one has mentioned this before, and I finally got
>>tired of it and fixed it. In skins/default/status.css, comment out (or
>>remove) the
>>
>>hr {
>>    display:none;
>>}
>>

>>section, like so:
>>
>>#hr {
>>#    display:none;
>>#}

If you were to do this, you only need to put a pound/hash before the "hr
{" line to comment out the definition:

#hr {
    display:none;
}

>>and then you get nice horizontal rules between each program in the
>>upcoming list and the job queue, instead of them all running together.
>>Is there a reason why this tag was defined like it was? I don't see
>>this
>>change breaking anything else, from what I've tested so far. If so
>>desired, I can code up a patch for the different skins.
>>

>Has always looked correct for me in Firefox and Safari. Probably why
>no one has mentioned it. :)

Exactly.  In a browser that does CSS correctly ;),

div.schedule a {
    position:        relative;
    display:         block;
    color:           white;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding:         .2em .8em;
    border:          thin solid #668;
    width:           340px;
}

puts a nice box around each individual program in the status.  And, some
of the other related schedule stuff highlights the program's box when
the mouse hovers over the box.  The box leaves exactly enough room
within the schedule area to allow the popup detailed description of the
show.

Maybe it's time to look for a real browser, Tom.  :)

Mike