[mythtv] ffmpeg SWSCALE!

Richard Dale richard at interlink.com.au
Wed Aug 30 13:25:11 UTC 2006

> In talking with Bryan Mayland about his experiements with software
> scaling, he led me to the news that ffmpeg has implemented swscale in
> ffmpeg that should allow for MythTV to easily adopt scaling.
> This would be great for those that wish to scale DVD's and SD
> recordings to 720p/1080p for use on HDTV's.

Doesn't MythTV currently scale anyway?  Or does this do a better job than
current?

Eg.  If I playback a 720x576p recording, and my native screen resolution is
1365x768 output via DVI, it scales the picture up to the native resolution
automatically.

Or is this scaling thing different?

Cheers,
Richard.