[mythtv] No EIT data / "program not found in PAT"

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Aug 30 19:10:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> I'd be keen to see the output from all those commands.

The output from the various dvbsnoop commands is available at:
   http://sucs.org/~firefury/dvb-data/

There's also the output from tv_grab_dvb - it is indeed just now/next data
(does MythTV use the EIT to reschedule recordings whn programs are
delayed/moved?)

I've also put a couple of minutes of the raw stream taken directly from
the dvr0 device at the above URI, although I haven't been able to convince
dvbsnoop to parse it correctly when reading from the file.

>> I'm also seeing a lot of this logged:
>> 2006-08-30 12:18:06.908 Program #52409 not found in PAT!
>> (followed by a dump of the PAT)
>> But http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/743 seems to indicate that this
>> logging shouldn't be happening any more.
>
> Normally it's an indication that you need to rescan your transport
> since the channel listings have changed since you last scanned.

Should it really be dumping the PAT once a second though?

--

  - Steve